Yes – it’s that time again…. Sunday Soup!
This is a recipe which I borrowed from work (I work for Focus on Food, the UK’s leading Food Education Support Programme). It tastes really creamy and naughty but has absolutely NOTHING naughty in it…. so eat away with no guilt… unless, like me, you have loads of fresh tiger bread with butter on it!
LOVE the retro mugs as well which are from as far back as I can remember into my childhood…. I always wanted the Tomatensuppa one and fought my brother for it!
CARROT HONEY AND GINGER SOUP
Serves 4 portions (generous ones!)
- 700 g carrots – peeled and diced
- 2 onions or one large leek – sliced
- 2.5inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon – juiced
- 1-1.5 litres hot veg stock
- Black Pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Fry the leek and ginger for around 5 minutes until it is softening.
- Add the carrots, lemon juice and honey and stir to coat.
- Top up with the stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer with the lid off gently for around 45 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly or if you are feeling brave liquidise straightaway until smooth
- Add black pepper to taste
This freezes really well so you can make a batch for lunches.
Vitamin C injection or what??