Mother Badger has tagged me for the Liebster award. This is a way for us all to discover new blogs and peeps on twitter with less than 400 followers. I tell you 11 random facts about me, pose 11 questions and then tag 11 bloggers with less than 400 followers to answer those questions. I also have to answer the questions Mother Badger posed to me!
Phew this is a real get to know me session! Here goes
- Marmite – love it or hate it? Hate it with a rather large passion…. it is so wrong
- Which three famous people or celebrities would you like to spend an evening at the pub with and why (or afternoon at a coffee shop if you’d prefer)? I’ll go for the pub thanks and I would spend it with David Tennant for his sexy accent, Billy Connolly for his craziness and Jennifer Connolly to quiz her about dancing with David Bowie in the Labyrinth
- What sort of cook are you? Do you follow recipes, throw things together or phone for takeaway? I love to cook, but have found it difficult since having my son in December… as my recipes were always complicated and time consuming. I am throwing together things a bit more nowadays and using the slow cooker alot!
- Which living person do you most admire, and why? That’s a really tough one. I guess anyone who lives with difficult circumstances and manages to smile and support others… instead of moaning.
- What was you favourite childhood television series? It’s a toss up between The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe and Knightmare – I really wanted to go on that series and wear the helmet!
- What is your dream holiday destination or activity? Backpacking through Nepal – we were going to go for our honeymoon later this year, but our son will be too little really 😦
- Tea or coffee? Tea, Tea, Tea… although when pregnant I was addicted to decaf lattes
- What is your ideal comfort food? Pasta with prawns and chilli, tons of parmesan and garlic bread and a glass of wine
- What is your favourite item of jewellery? My engagement ring… small diamonds and an emerald – secondhand and perfectly formed
- Are you girly or a tomboy? Depends on my mood… probably leaning more towards tomboy really
- For what are you most grateful? Having a healthy, happy and supporting family
11 Random Facts
- When I was 13, I had an audition to be on a TV show – but I turned up on the Thursday instead of the Tuesday and missed my big break. Instead the girl who became Leanne Battersby in Coronoation Street got the part
- I am a bellydancer, although currently not dancing whilst on maternity leave. My troupe Qaws-y-Qasr means Rainbow Dancers
- I used to be addicted to sponges at uni… loved the texture of them.
- Although I am terrified of sharks, I swam in a tank with some – it didn’t cure my fear!
- I can make one of my eyes look significantly smaller than the other whilst maintaining the size of the other one…
- My partner and I travelled the world for 9 months and kept a blog of the experience which I now read and relive as often as I can – it all feels totally surreal (tattybackpacks.wordpress.com)
- I took a Japanese language course when I was 19. Although I can only remember how to say my name and how are you.
- I lived in Australia for a year
- I am getting married in September in an art gallery and our wedding transport will be a tuktuk!
- I am the clumsiest person in our family – an undisputed title since birth.
- If I had been born a boy, I would have been named Ryan.
- Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
- If you could eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What pop song would you use for the theme to a film of your life?
- Who would play you in a film of your life?
- What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
- Chocolate or cheese?
- What is your favourite cocktail and why?
- Where would you live if you could live anywhere in the world?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What is the most expensive item of clothing you have ever purchased?
- What would you perform at a talent show?
Lots of people I wanted to tag don’t have blogs 😦 but I am tagging the following lovely twitter peeps with blogs and less than 400 followers – well some have more than 400 – to carry this on: