Something strange has happened in our house since the arrival of Baby A…. we have developed some new vocabulary… which makes no sense whatsoever.
Why does having a baby reduce you to strange words which seem to appear from nowhere?
- Hicky bobs – hiccups… a funny word anyway and surely not necessary to be made even more strange?
- Pandy roos – hands…. these are Baby A’s favourite thing to put in his mouth at the moment, especially when I need to get him dressed
- Kicky Joe – used in a sentence “ooo you are a kicky joe this morning”… I mean what the hell am i on about?
- Napnap – nappies…. lets have a look at your napnap
- Nakey Noo…. Baby A’s favourite way to be
The funny thing is, we speak to him in normal vocabulary usually, as I know how important it is to help him learn… but don’t even get me started on all the songs we make up for him….
“Are you a cheese and onion pasty? Are you a beef and onion pie…. I’m neither, I’m a sausage roll…” Yes we are going slightly insane in this house!
What crazy words or songs have you made up?