“Why don’t we ever have noodles”, my hubbie moaned the other day…. Well I never really bother to buy them and I do the shopping list, so they were just not really on my radar as a meal option.
However, last weekend, Chipet and I headed to Bradford Indoor Market for a spot of shopping and stopped for lunch at Noodle Bar (http://whatworkswell.schoolfoodplan.com/articles/category/33/learning-to-cook) this little place charges just £1.80 for veg fried noodles, which were just enough for me and the little man and he loved them!
So I tried out this simple chuck it together idea at home earlier this week…
Mid-Week Easy Salmon Noodle Stir-Fry.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- handful frozen peas
- handful frozen sweetcorn
- half a red onion – chopped
- mixed peppers – sliced
- 1 red chilli
- handful fresh coriander – chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- pack of straight to wok noodles
- Cook your salmon. I popped mine in the oven at Gas 5 for 20 mins.
- Mix the fish sauce, soy and sugar – add half the chopped chilli.
- When the salmon is cooked cut it into 1 inch cubes and marinate it briefly in the soy, sugar, fish sauce mix.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok then add the onion and allow it to soften.
- Add the peppers, peas and sweetcorn – or whatever veg you fancy.
- Then add the salmon and stir fry until heated through.
- Finally add the noodles for the last minute and stir the fresh coriander through.
- Serve and enjoy
I actually used scotch bonnet chillis and this was flipping hot! – way too much chilli in it for Chiplet, but I will try it again next week with less chilli.
As with most meals in our house, I had hoped for some leftovers for my lunch the next day – but it was too delicious and we were too hungry to keep any back!