I confess that I haven’t really updated my make up properly for years. There was a discusson on Twitter the other day about make up and beauty and someone said that you should update it regularly…. I hold up my hands in embarrassment.
I have moved on from the days of coffee shimmer Rimmel lipstick with a darker liner round the lips, black smudgy eye shadow and cats eye eye liner combined with bronzing pearls and the thinnest eyebrows known to man…. terrifying and what is with those highlights?!?! Well it was all about the Spice Girls!
So in an effort to update my make up and ideas for the year I turn 35 and head downwards towards 40… I thought I would post my make up and what it looks like on my face!
- No 7 BB Cream… I can’t wear foundation anymore… too thick and dry on my face so this is perfect and quick.
- Boots Natural Collection ‘seashell’ eyeshadow… this appears to slip off after about an hour 😦
- Benefit Dandelion – this is the only make up I took travelling the world – a lovely brightening effect
- Benefit High Beam – this always brightens my face up and make my nose look smaller!
- I usually use Benefit liquid blusher but have run out so this ‘sleek’ is my back up power blusher
- Benefit They’re Real – best mascara known to woman
So go on then…. hit me with your top tips for make up for a busy mum of 1, slightly ageing skin, usually 15 mins to get ready with hair and makeup. i would love to do something a bit different – or even try some different eye shadow.